Waterproof your concrete pond or water feature
If you are building a new pond or water feature and need to waterproof it, or waterproofing an old leaky one, then AQUA-STOP is just what you need for any easy and effective fix.
AQUA-STOP is excellent for waterproofing ponds and water features – it’s fish friendly! Waterproof ponds made from bricks, stone, mortar or concrete that are sound and absorbent.
AQUA-STOP has been used successfully on both small and large garden ponds, larger civic fountain pools and even trout farms.
AQUA-STOP is easy to apply to your pond. Simply brush it on as a slurry on to a pre-wetted surface. Apply a second coat with 24 hours. Once both coats have been applied, the product should not be allowed to fully dry out for 3 days, to allow the ‘crystalisation’ process to take place.
Trade / DIY benefits
- Crystalline waterproofing
- Easy to apply
- Fish friendly
- Minimum tools required
Trade / DIY waterproofing applications
- Concrete ponds
- Concrete water features
- Brick ponds
- Brick water features
- Stone ponds
- Stone water features
- Garden ponds
- Koi ponds
How to Step-by-Step
- Clean surface and ensure it’s free from algae, mud and any other contaminants
- Mix up powder with water (no more than can be applied within 30 minutes)
- Wet down the surface to be treated with a wet brush
- Apply first coat with brush wait till touch dry
- Apply second coat within 24 hours at right angles to the first
- A trowel can be used on the second coat for a polished finish if required
It is important that no less than the minimum amount of product per square metre be applied and it is essential that two coats are used on your pond or water feature.
Brush: 1 to 1.5 kilos per m² per coat
Trowel: 2 to 2.5 kilos per m² per coat
Spray:1.5 kilos per m² per coat