Protect your walls against driving rain
Remmers Funcosil FC is a brick and stone waterproofer in cream form. It’s great for waterproofing concrete, canvas, leather and other porous substrates – probably one of the best waterproofers of its kind.
Stop driving rain and penetrating water getting in and stop heat loss through your walls. Spray on to clean walls and let it soak in to form an invisible waterproofing effect.
Funcosil FC penetrates exterior porous surfaces to form a water repellent barrier which helps to prevent water damage. It lets the treated surface breathe allowing moisture vapour inside to evaporate whilst protecting against water penetration and damage.
Trade / DIY benefits
- Reduce heat loss through walls
- Water repellent but breathable
- Reduce frost and water damage to masonry walls
- OK on damp surfaces
- Protects surfaces from expensive water damage
- Penetrates deep into the substrate – providing better protection than surface coatings
- On brickwork, pointing, concrete, stonework, wood, canvas, leather and other porous surfaces
- Can be painted over or stained after application
Trade / DIY waterproofing applications
- Moss stopper
- Algae stopper
- Lichen stopper
How to Step-by-Step
- Read the Funcosil FC Technical Data Sheet
- Ensure the wall or surface is free of dirt and anything which will stop Funcosil FC soaking in.
- Open the can and either brush on – or better still apply using the low pressure sprayer so that you give an even coating, just enough to wet up the wall surface.
- Allow to soak in and dry for a couple of hours before getting it wet – so best to watch out for a dry spell before applying.
One coat is often enough, although another coat can be applied for more porous bricks, stone and masonry.
How long does it last for?
Lasts for up to 15 years, depending on the level of weathering.
More about Funcosil FC
Funcosil Facade Cream from Remmers is an extremely high performance water-based exterior water repellent. It’s suitable for use on brick, stone and render substrates. Once the cream is applied, the active ingredients soak into the substrate and provide an invisible barrier against water penetration while still allowing your walls to ‘breathe’. This means it’s a highly effective way of protecting your home from the effects of driving rain and penetrating damp.
A cream provides a longer contact period with the surface that allows for deeper penetration. This is particularly important when it comes to bricks that are slower to absorb.
With liquid-based waterproofing products, you always get some run-off and only limited contact time with the surface making them less effective. As a professional water repellent, Funcosil has been designed so that the active ingredient penetrates as deeply as possible into the facade. This provides optimal protection against the absorption of water and pollutants as well as damage caused by frost. The exterior of your home is protected from damage.
Once applied and allowed to dry, this masonry water repellent makes the substrate waterproof but also reduces heat lost through it by up to 28%. The upshot is that over the coming months your walls will continue to dry out and become increasingly good at protecting your home from rain as well as insulating your house from heat loss.
You will experience a noticeable reduction in heat loss through the walls which will reduce your fuel usage and cut your energy bills.
The product is non-toxic, safe and will even help reduce future growth of algae and lichen on your walls as there is not enough water available for them to grow.