A single part PU resin mortar system with 100% UV stability designed for sensitive stone – suitable for vehicle areas up to 3.5 tonnes. Fill joints between paving slabs, slabs and setts!
A very advanced but simple to use solution to filling joints between paving slabs and setts, suitable for all types of natural stone and concrete paving on pedestrian and vehicular areas up to 3.5 tonnes. Specifically designed for sensitive stone, ProJoint V35-UV is the perfect partner for the most prestigious of projects.
The single component PU resin is mixed with the sand supplied, and applied to the paving using either a brush or squeegee. It offers a long processing time which makes it especially suited for paving with narrow joints, large paving unit sizes, and for use in hot weather.
ProJoint V35-UV is available in three colours: neutral (buff), mid grey and black.
Trade / DIY benefits
- One part resin based mortar system, cement free
- Light to medium traffic loads up to 3.5 tonnes, ideal for patios and driveways
- Long working time so ideal for narrow joints and hot weather with easy application – without bending or kneeling
- Professional strength suitable for joint widths of 5mm upwards
- Weed, pressure washer and frost resistant
- Suitable for natural stone and concrete paving, setts and slabs
Trade / DIY applications
- Paving slab joint filler
- Sett joint filler
- Natural stone joint filler
- Concrete paving joint filler
- Pedestrian concrete paving joint filler
- Vehicular concrete paving joint filler
- Sensitive stone joint filler
- Prestigious project paving joint filler
How to Step-by-Step
- Ensure the surface of the paving is clean prior to application** and the joints are cleaned out to a minimum depth of 25mm for 3.5t traffic loading, and a minimum joint width of 5mm.
- Paving should be firmly bedded and stable prior to filling joints and laid on bedding material suitable for the intended traffic loading. **Care should be taken to ensure no soil or dirt is left or walked onto the surface of the paving during the application process as this may get trapped in the resin once cured.
- ProJointTM V35-UVTM should be mixed in a suitably sized bucket using a plasterers’ whisk. When wearing appropriate PPE, add the sand to the bucket.
- Pour the resin into the sand and begin mixing.
- Mix for around three minutes until the sand and resin is thoroughly combined.
- Ensure that the surface temperature is between 5°C and 35°C. Care should be taken when using the product on dark paving in direct sunlight due to high surface temperatures.
- Empty the mix evenly onto the paving.
- Work into the joints using a brush or squeegee to ensure material is well compacted into the joints. As this product is applied dry, the manual compaction of the material is important, as any underlying voids could result in secondary settlement.
- Once worked into the joints, use a soft brush at 45° to joints, and carefully sweep off all the excess leaving the paving clean.
- A trowel or iron can be used to achieve a traditional finish if necessary, once the mortar has begun to cure.
IMPORTANT NOTES PLEASE READ
This product is shower resistant after the initial cure but but requires protecting from rain until cured. Any prolonged or heavy rain will delay the curing process and increase the risk of fluid damage so we recommend that the jointed area is covered if there is a chance of rain. Please make sure that any protective cover does not come into contact with the fresh joints; air circulation over the joints is required during the curing time.
ProJoint V35-UV may highlight and enhance the natural surface colours and textures of the paving – this sheen can be especially noticeable on grey paving, including granite, so a test area is advised before use. It is important to spread the mix across the total paving area to ensure the potential effect is uniform. This is only a temporary effect – weathering and foot traffic will accelerate its disappearance.
What you’ll need
- Suitable sized bucket
- Plasterers’ whisk or suitable mixer
- Appropriate PPE
- Brush or squeegee
- Option trowel or iron for traditional finish
5mm x 25mm
600 x 600mm slabs
Four size Indian (600mm series)
100 x 100mm setts
10mm x 25mm
15mm x 25mm
How long does it last for?
- For best results it is important to spread the mix across the total paving area. Use a squeegee to ensure the joints are well filled and compacted.
- Cure times are dependent on temperature and humidity, but as a guide can accept foot traffic after 12 hours and vehicle traffic after 24 hours. Please note that cold temperatures will extend the cure and therefore protection time required.