Nexus ProJoint Porcelain Primer is a high performance priming slurry for porcelain paving and other low absorption substrates, to promote adhesion and avoid your paving or tiles lifting.
The ProJoint Porcelain Primer is an ultra-high polymer and fibre modified flexible primer with excellent workability and adhesion properties.
As a single coat fast application, ProJoint Porcelain Primer promotes adhesion and control suction on difficult substrates such as porcelain, concrete, ceramic tiles, paving slabs or setts. Using the ProJoint Porcelain Primer enables the porcelain slabs or setts to be laid on a sand and cement bedding.
The powdered primer is supplied in two 10kg bags to allow the bucket to act as the ideal mixing vessel with the simple addition of water.
Trade / DIY benefits
- Single coat application to the underside porcelain paving
- Enables porcelain paving to be laid on sand and cement bedding
- Excellent workability and adhesion properties
- Suitable for brush or roller application
- Can be applied in low temperatures
- Suitable for internal or external use
- Two x 10kg bags contained within the lidded mixing tub
Trade / DIY applications
- Nexus recommend this primer be used prior to laying porcelain paving and using the ProJoint Porcelain Grout.
- Promotes adhesion and control suction on difficult substrates
- Porcelain paving primer
- Concrete paving primer
- Ceramic tiles primer
- Paving slabs primer
- Sett primer
How to Step-by-Step
- Make sure the underside of the paving is clean, dry and free of any material which may impair adhesion – do not apply to shiny surfaces. Do not use in wet weather and do not use if frost is forecast within 24 hours of application. Suitable for use in temperatures between 3°C and 25°C.
- Mix with 2.8 litres of cold clean water per 10kg bag by removing the bag from the bucket and adding the water to the mixing container.
- Add the powder slowly and mix using a plasterers’ whisk, flat stick or spatula.
- Mix for 2 minutes, leave standing for 2 minutes then re-mix – this process allows the polymer additives to dissolve and activate.
- Apply a thorough and even coat of the primer as a slurry using a masonry brush or roller to the underside of the paving.
- The pot life of the mixed slurry is approximately 60 minutes at 20°C.
- The primer should be completely dry prior to laying the paving.
- Depending on temperature and moisture, primer will be dry within 10 to 15 minutes, however the paving can be laid up to 24 hours after application.
- All tools should be washed out with water immediately after use.
- Waste material should not be emptied into drainage systems.
- See video below.
Supplied in two 10kg bags
Approximate coverage per 20kg kit is 21.5m2 (depending on application method and paving porosity)
How long does it last for?
When stored unopened in a dry place above 5°C, shelf life is 12 months from date of manufacture.
|Product Code||Item Description||Colour||Pack Size|
|PP20||ProJoint Porcelain Primer||Not Applicable||20kg|