Increased strength two-part epoxy resin mortar system suitable for vehicle areas up to 40 tonnes.
The ultimate solution to filling joints between paving slabs and setts, suitable for standard natural stone and concrete paving on pedestrian and vehicular areas with heavy vehicle loads up to 40 tonnes.
The two-part epoxy resin system is easily mixed and quickly applied as a slurry to dampened paving. The ultra high strength of ProJoint V400-WT means that it can be used in the most demanding of environments where heavy traffic loading is required.
ProJoint V400-WT is available in three colours: neutral (buff), mid grey and black.
Trade / DIY benefits
- Permeable bedding mix not required
- Two-part resin based mortar system, cement free
- Heavy traffic loads up to 40 tonnes, ideal for high traffic areas and roadways
- Self compacting so fast and easy application – without bending or kneeling
- Professional strength suitable for joint widths of 5mm upwards
- Weed, pressure washer and frost resistant
- Suitable for natural stone and concrete paving, setts and slabs
Trade / DIY applications
- Paving joints for heavy traffic areas
- Paving slab joint filler
- Sett joint filler
- Natural stone joint filler
- Concrete paving joint filler
- Pedestrian concrete paving joint filler
- Vehicular concrete paving joint filler
How to Step-by-Step
- PREPARATION: Ensure the surface of the paving is clean prior to application** and the joints are cleaned out to a minimum depth of 25mm for 40t traffic loading, and a minimum joint width of 5mm. Paving should be firmly bedded and stable prior to filling joints and laid on bedding material suitable for the intended traffic loading. **Care should be taken to ensure no soil or dirt is left or walked onto the surface of the paving during the application process as this may get trapped in the resin once cured.
- Liberally wet the paving prior to mixing the product, allowing the water to soak into the surface.
- ProJoint V400-WT should be mixed in a suitably sized bucket using a plasterers’ whisk. When wearing appropriate PPE, add the sand to the bucket, pour the resin and hardener into the sand together and begin mixing.
- Mix for around two minutes until thoroughly mixed.
- Add 3 litres of water to the mix (equivalent to 2x resin containers and 1x hardener container).
- Mix for a further three minutes until the mix becomes a free flowing slurry.
- Ensure that the paving is still wet and the surface temperature is between 3°C and 25°C. Do not allow the paving to dry out during application – care should be taken when using the product on dark paving in direct sunlight due to high surface temperatures.
- Empty the mix directly onto the paving.
- Move the mix using a squeegee over the total area – allowing the empty joints to fill completely.
- Leave for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the foam in the slurry to disappear.
- Use a wet medium soft brush at 45° to joints and sweep off the excess sand leaving the paving clean.
- It is particularly important to sweep the paving clean before the product cures, to ensure any remaining residue does not set on the paving surface. Do not add more water to the surface at this time.
IMPORTANT NOTES PLEASE READ
The fluid nature of the mortar means that no further compaction of the joint is required. A trowel or iron can be used to achieve a traditional finish if necessary, once the mortar has begun to cure.
Protect from rain until fully cured. Prolonged and heavy rain will delay the curing process and increase the risk of fluid damage so we recommend that the jointed area is covered if there is a chance of rain. Please make sure that any protective cover does not come into contact with the fresh joints; air circulation over the joints is required during curing time.
Cure times are dependent on temperature and humidity, but as a guide ProJoint V400-WT can accept foot traffic after 12 hours and vehicle traffic after 24 hours at 20°C. Please note that cold temperatures and moisture will extend the cure and therefore protection time required.
What you’ll need
- Suitable sized bucket
- Plasterers’ whisk or suitable mixer
- Appropriate PPE
- Medium soft brush
Approx coverage per 27kg kit:
5mm x 25mm
10mm x 25mm
15mm x 25mm
600 x 600mm slabs
Four size Indian (600mm series)
100 x 100mm setts
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I have just finished using the ProJoint V400-WT, can I apply a sealer?
A: We would recommend to wait until any resin sheen has faded from the surface of the stone before applying any sealer.
Q: Do you have an application video for the ProJoint V400-WT?
A: Yes, we have a video on our website, and on YouTube, for the ProJoint V75-WT – as the only difference between these products is the resin and hardener strength, the products are prepared and applied in the same way.
Don’t let your paving dry out during application in hot weather, why not work on smaller areas of paving and minimise the risk of any product drying/starting to cure on the surface.