A pallet of 50 Nexus Projoint MAX – choose your mixture of colours Neutral (buff), Mid grey or Black – FREE SHIPPING!
Similar to ProJoint Fusion, ProJoint MAX offers a quick and easy solution to filling joints between paving slabs and setts but in areas of vehicular access.
Suitable for natural stone and concrete paving, ProJoint MAX is a high strength two-part epoxy paving grout and is very simple to use. Resin and sand are supplied ready-mixed within the tub, and only requires the addition of the enclosed hardener to activate the chemical cure. Once cured, ProJoint MAX delivers a weed-free, frost resistant joint which resists pressure washing.
ProJoint MAX is available in three colours: neutral (buff), mid grey and black.
Trade / DIY benefits
- Permeable bedding mix not required
- Part mixed components for fast application, all supplied within its own mixing tub
- Professional strength, self-compacting and suitable for joint widths of 5mm upwards
- Weed, pressure washer and frost resistant
- Ideal for paths and patios as well as driveways or other vehicular areas (up to 3.5 tonnes)
- Suitable for natural stone and concrete paving, setts and slabs
Trade / DIY applications
- Paving slab joint filler
- Sett joint filler
- Driveway sett joint filler
- Driveway paving joint filler
- Concrete paving joint filler
- Natural stone paving joint filler
How to Step-by-Step
- Make sure the surface of the paving is clean prior to application** and the joints are cleaned out to a minimum depth of 25mm for 3.5t traffic loading, and a minimum joint width of 5mm. Paving should be firmly bedded and stable prior to filling joints and laid on bedding material suitable for the intended traffic loading. ProJoint MAX can be installed on paving with either a permeable or non-permeable bed.
**Care should be taken to ensure no soil or dirt is left or walked onto the surface of the paving during the application process as this may get trapped in the resin once cured.
- Liberally wet the paving prior to mixing the product, allowing the water to soak into the surface. ProJoint MAX is designed to be mixed in its tub using a plasterers’ whisk.
- When wearing appropriate PPE, remove the bottle of hardener (contained within a sealed bag) from the tub.
- Open carefully and empty the hardener into the resin/sand mix.
- Using a plasterers’ whisk, mix for 3 minutes until the mix becomes a free flowing slurry.
- Ensure that the paving is still wet and the surface temperature is between 3°C and 25°C.
- Do not allow the paving to dry out during application – care should be taken when using the product on dark paving in direct sunlight due to high surface temperatures.
- Empty the mix directly onto the paving.
- Move the mix using a squeegee over the total area – allowing the empty joints to fill completely.
- Leave for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the foam in the slurry disappear.
- Use a wet medium soft brush at 45o to joints and sweep off the excess sand leaving the paving clean.
- It is particularly important to sweep the paving clean before the product cures, to ensure any remaining residue does not set on the paving surface. Do not add any more water to the surface at this time.
- For best results always protect unused ProJoint MAX from frost and temperatures over 25°C.
- The fluid nature of the mortar means that no further compaction of the joint is required. A trowel or iron can be used to achieve a traditional finish if necessary, once the mortar has begun to cure.
- Protect from rain until fully cured. Prolonged and heavy rain will delay the curing process and increase the risk of fluid damage so we recommend that the jointed area is covered if there is a chance of rain. Please make sure that any protective cover does not come into contact with the fresh joints; air circulation over the joints is required during curing time.
- Cure times are dependent on temperature and humidity, but as a guide ProJoint MAX can accept foot traffic after 12 hours and light vehicle traffic after 24 hours at 20°C. Please note that cold temperatures and moisture will extend the cure and therefore protection time required.
- PLEASE NOTE: ProJoint MAX is not designed for porcelain paving – if you are planning on using porcelain paving, please refer to our ProJoint Porcelain Primer and Projoint Porcelain Grout.
- Due to the high epoxy resin content ProJoint MAX will highlight and enhance the natural surface colours and textures of the paving – this sheen can be especially noticeable on grey paving, including granite, so a test area is advised before use. It is important to spread the mix across the total paving area to ensure the potential effect is uniform. Please note that this is a temporary effect; weathering and foot traffic will accelerate its disappearance.